1. In order to reduce cross-border transmission of Covid-19, starting from 7 November 2020, passengers from the UK to China, before boarding the flight, will be required to apply for a Certified Health Declaration Form (CHD Form) from the Chinese Embassy in the UK or Chinese Consulates-General in Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast upon presentation of nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests (hereinafter referred to as "Tests") results.
2. The Tests must be taken at a registered medical institution in the UK within 48 hours before boarding. The scanned copies of negative tests results, along with passport information page, itinerary and the signed health declaration form, must be sent by email to the Chinese Embassy in the UK or Chinese Consulates-General in Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast.
3. These documents will then be examined and verified by the Embassy/Consulates-General before a stamped CHD Form is emailed back to the applicant. The CHD Form within its validity period must be printed out and presented to the airline officials before boarding.
4. Passengers are advised to take direct flights to China, namely CA850, MU552, CZ304, JD432, BA169 and VS250. Starting from 7 November 2020, the Chinese Embassy in the UK and the Chinese Consulates-General in Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast, in principle, will not certify the health declaration form filed by passengers flying to China via connecting flights
5. Passengers insisting on flying to China via connecting flights must make sure they meet the boarding requirements of the transit airports, which may include but not limited to taking the Tests in the transit country and applying for a stamped CHD Form from the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the transit country. Passengers are therefore advised to find out about the entry regulations and Tests requirements of the transit country before traveling. Failure to enter the transit country, or to meet the requirements on Tests or CHD Form, could result in heightened infection risk or being stranded.
6. Transit passengers bound for China via the UK must take the Tests in the UK and apply for a stamped CHD Form from the Chinese Embassy in the UK or Chinese Consulates-General in Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast as indicated in paragraphs 1 and 2 before heading on to China.
7. Passengers for China are advised to read the requirements carefully and follow them accordingly to avoid denied boarding or change of itinerary due to the failure in providing negative Tests results and obtain a CHD Form.