China-UK Relations
  Political Exchanges
  Economy & Trade
  Science & Tech
  Local Exchanges
Ambassador Liu
  Video & Audio
  Former Ambassadors
Embassy Information
  Embassy Events
  Tour the Embassy
  Office Hours and Address

Chinese Embassy in UK WeChat

Chinese Embassy in UK
Home > Visas to China > Entering or Leaving Hong Kong and Macau
Do I Need a Visa to Hong Kong?

British nationals may visit Hong Kong without a visa and stay up to six months. However, if you wish to take up employment, establish or join a business, study or settle in Hong Kong, you have to obtain an appropriate visa before arrival. If you are not holding a British passport and want to know whether you need a visa for Hong Kong, please log on the website of Hong Kong Immigration Department: and go to the "public service" section for the latest information.

If you have any enquiries or need more information about the visa application, you can contact the HKSAR Immigration Department on telephone 00852 2824 6111, by fax at 00852 2877 7711, or through e-mail at

Suggest to a Friend
Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland All Rights Reserved